Privacy Notice MEDboards
Last Revised: 1 March 2020
MEDtalks cares about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data. This Privacy Statement covers the collection, use and disclosure on this Site where the statement is linked.
Please note other websites, including websites provided by MEDtalks’s group of Companies are governed by their own privacy statements. Additionally, MEDtalks products and services may be subject o their own statements specific to the product or service and such statement will apply to the applicable privacy or service. We encourage you to review such privacy statements before disclosing any data.
MEDtalks Group of Comapanies MEDtalks is a pan European medical network of companies with the main objective to improve patient care and cure by sharing medical knowledge, expertise and education. The MEDtalks Group of Companies has partner affiliates in Germany, Switzerland, Spain and the Netherlands.
MEDboards is a global advisory and educational application that provides the most complete and trusted view and insights available of medical professionals worldwide. For more information, visit www.medboards.eu
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED?
Data you give us. The MEDboards services are used by clients, often pharmaceutical companies, with whom you will have a contract. The client will have access to the personal data in your profile and all of your activities in MEDboards, such as written discussion, opinions, feedback, quiz answers, meeting place video and audio and time spent. MEDboards will never share your personal data with third parties for marketing or sales activities. Other data you provide us in a variety of ways, such as when you submit questions, request information, or give us feedback, we may ask you for personal information (i.e., information that alone or in combination with other information identifies you as an individual, such as your name, email address, phone number, and other data that can be reasonably linked to you as an individual). We may also ask you to provide other data relevant to your question, request, or feedback, such as your geographical location, professional and demographic information, industry, and preferred contact method.
Online meeting place
Please note that all online meeting places will be recorded (video and audio) to enable the client to summarize the outcome of the advisory board.
MEDboards is a community for healthcare professionals. We expect professional behaviour between healthcare professionals and the client at all times. There is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users.
Data from Use of the Site. We automatically receive certain data when you visit this Site, including your internet protocol (IP) address; browser data; data about your device; data collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies the date and time of your visit; operating system and version; web browser type and version; page(s) visited on the Site; data about videos or other content viewed on the Site (e.g., type and name of content and time viewed); and the web page you visited immediately prior to visiting this Site.
We generally do not seek sensitive personal information (e.g., information relating to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or other similar beliefs, health or medical conditions, criminal background, or trade union membership). If you voluntarily provide sensitive personal information for any reason or we are required to collect such information as a result of legal requirements imposed on us, we will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent and use such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law.
HOW WE USE THE DATA
We use data about you for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or provided to us (as stated at the point of collection) or as otherwise obvious from the context of collection. We may also use data to:
- administer and manage this Site, communicate with you about this Site, process your request for information or otherwise to complete a transaction you request or authorize;
- customize or personalize your user experience and the content we deliver to you, including to provide you with content that is more relevant to you;
- contact you about our products and services, provide you with promotional materials or offers for products/services from MEDtalks (including communications based on your interests, personal and business characteristics, and location), or other communications about MEDtalks’s business and events. We may provide these communications and offers via email, postal mail, online, social media platforms, text messages, and other means. In connection with marketing on social media platforms, pseudonymous information (cryptographic hash of information about you) is provided to social media platforms to enable a match to your social media account and allows us to advertise to you on the social media platform; and
- for our internal business purposes, such as corporate transactions, audits, data analysis, to conduct research and analytics about your use and interaction with us, develop new products, improve existing products and our Site or services, identify usage trends, assess the performance of our advertisements, optimize our advertising campaigns, and determine the effectiveness of our communications;
- protect the rights, safety, property, or operations of MEDtalks or our affiliates, you, or others;
- comply with applicable law and respond to requests and communications from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by contacting us at privacy@MEDtalks.eu orr through the unsubscribe link in any of our communications to you. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further promotional materials or communications, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any services you have requested.
RECIPIENTS OF DATA
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined above, we may disclose your information to:
- Other entities within the MEDtalks Group of Companies. Complete a transaction you request or authorize, or provide you with a product or service;
- third parties that provide services to us, such as system hosting, management, and support; data analysis; data backup; and security and storage services;
- As otherwise outlined in this Statement. For example, to pharmaceutical clients you have a contract with;
- Relevant third parties as part of a corporate transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding);
- Competent governmental and public authorities, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests; and
- Other third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
Please note that any information you post or disclose on message boards, chat, profile pages, and blogs and other services (including social media services) to which you are able to post information and materials are publicly available and will be seen by other visitors to this Site. You should consider this when deciding to disclose any personal information or any other data.
All of these disclosures may result in the transfer of data to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence. By providing us with data and using this Site, you are acknowledging that data may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence.
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any third parties, including those that operate sites to which this site links. Including a link on our site does not imply that we or our affiliates endorse the practices of the linked site.
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
MEDtalks understands the importance of protecting the privacy of minors, especially in the online environment. This Site is not designed for or intentionally targeted at minors under the age of 18. It is our policy to never knowingly collect or maintain personal information about anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected personal information relating to a minor, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
We have in place reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures that are designed to protect data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, and other forms of unlawful processing while it is under our control. However, please be aware that the storage and transfer of data cannot always be one-hundred percent secure.
We will retain data about you as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, unless applicable law or professional obligations requires a longer retention period. All data will be deleted from our servers 6 months after ending or closing of an Advisory/educational Boards.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, and other similar technologies are used in connection with some Site pages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users, compile statistics about Site usage, associate non-identifiable demographic and preference data with device-related data (e.g., cookie IDs), and in some cases matching that with similar data supplied by other companies or estimate the age ranges of the audience that viewed the videos on this Site. We use, and permit third parties to use, this technology that recognize a unique identifier from a cookie placed on your device, and to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you. We also use this technology to compile information about your interaction with email or other communications and determine whether our communications have been opened.
Third-Parties : The Site contains cookies or similar technologies from third-party providers that help us understand how visitors access our Site, use our Site, and how the site is performing. This information is used to improve our Site and to make our Site more intuitive. These technologies enable the third-party providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device.
For example, we use:
We do not enable third-party cookies and other similar technologies to collect or receive information from our Site and elsewhere for use in advertising, including for the purposes of serving advertisements targeted to users’ interests, retargeting visitors to our Site, conversion tracking (i.e., actions users take after viewing or engaging with our advertisements), measuring ad effectiveness, and to make sure you do not see the same ad repeatedly.
HONORING DO-NOT-TRACK BROWSER SIGNALS
“Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. At this time, this Site does not respond to DNT or similar signals.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters you signed up to receive, you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each such statement. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your contact data that you previously provided to us, you may contact us at email@example.com
Please note that if you contact us as described above, we may not be able to remove personal information from other parts of our organization (for instance, an internal email to a sale professional) with which we have already shared it, but we will make an effort to do so.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may update and make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time in light of, for example, changing business or information handling practices, technology, or legal requirements. When we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will amend the “Last Revised” date at the top of this page, and such modified or amended version of this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to you and your information as of that revision date. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
All MEDboard- and MEDtalks services are executed under Dutch Law. Any dispute will be submitted to the Civil Court of Amsterdam.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or MEDtalks’s data handling practices, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDTalks Group of Companies U.A
1223 RE HILVERSUM